Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Birth Mom Photo a Day 11: Life Before Adoption

Day 11: {Life Before Adoption}

Rather than talking about my life before my actual adoption, I want to focus on my life prior to engulfing myself in this world of support and adoption-related information that has just happened in the last few months. Before then, I didn’t know the adoption process was so dang complicated and what kind of heartache potential adoptive parents inevitably experience through it. I had no idea that open adoption was “the thing” now and assumed everyone had the same closed adoption situation as I did. I have learned that EVERY adoption relationship is different and has its own complexities, whether open or closed. I have learned that there are negative people out there that will thrive on negativity and try to put down those in search for the positive. But I also found out that there are so many that have been affected by adoption around me that LIVE in the positive and LOVE it. They share their stories, lend an understanding ear, wipe my tears and encourage me to get to a place where I can say that I love adoption. I would never go back.

No comments: