Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Mormon Miracle Pageant (The Marmons Gather in Manti)

Eric and I have been to the Mormon Manti Temple Pageant many times but this would be our first adventure with the little kids. I would say for any of you who lack wisdom in the area of dragging your little, tired children to a very crowded small town in the middle of Utah in the 95 degree weather and attempt to keep them quiet and reverent during a production of this nature: If your going to do it, sit out on the street with the anti's where they don't mind that your toddler is creaming "I'm poopy!" and your baby is screaming hysterically because he is being eaten alive by mosquitos. Oh and bring a leash.
I have always loved attending the Manti Temple Pageant. My first experience there was when I was 11 years old and my brave Grandmother trekked from California to Utah with 5 granddaughters to visit family here and decided to give us the Manti Pageant Experience. I remember it rained and we ended sitting under chairs in puddles so that we could still try to see it. I still recall that I loved it and my absolute favorite part is the Heavenly Choir at the end.
This is the Manti Temple at first sight when driving into Manti. It really is one of the most gorgeous temples I have been in. So majestic being up on that hill.

Those are the Ephraim cows. There are lots of them.


Cameron is finally sitting up well enough that we take him out of the infant seat and put him into the stroller. He is so happy to be "free" of the seat.

Like my shadow down in the corner? Skill.


So I will admit that even more than the Pageant, I love funnel cakes. OK I guess its really just a perk but its really not the same experience unless we get a funnel cake with strawberries and powdered sugar!



















I thought I would throw these in just because my kids are cute. When Braiden is away I can always catch Paige playing in his bed. Cameron will just sit in his crib and watch Paige on the bed and bust up when she bounces. They are so cute when they play together.

2 comments:

Devri said...

When I was pregnant, I made them like everyday, guess that explains the excess pounds now.... Hey go to my blog and vote for Lavi, she is in a contest...

Devri said...

When I was pregnant, I made them like everyday, guess that explains the excess pounds now.... Hey go to my blog and vote for Lavi, she is in a contest...