Monday, April 11, 2011

Lace up your (running, walking, sleeping) SHOES!


The Salt Lake City 2011 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is going to be May 7th, 2011.  I hesitated at first to register my team this year as I just didn't think that I was up to the task but some people at work have offered to help and I realized that this cause is worth the effort...even if I am too tired, pregnant, swollen, blah, blah, blah .  So here it is.  The 4th year in a row that I have organized the HCI's Pride for Pink Race for the Cure team.

So far we have raised about $2200 between registration fees and cash donations.  I am so excited for our team and for race day (even if I might need a stroller to get to the finish line).

The statistics for breast cancer are amazingly shocking.  Everyone knows someone that has either had or been effected by breast cancer.  I don't know if its my infinite love of the color pink or if I will at some time be personally effected by this disease in one way or another, but I feel a certain responsibility to be as involved as I can to do my part in helping to fight breast cancer.

Please join my team or make a donation here.



No comments: