Saturday, November 02, 2013

July really is the HOTTEST month of the year

My goal is to get this blog up to date by the end of November.  I am not far off.  July, August, September, and October were only slightly slower (not really, but in comparison to May and June, it has felt like a vacation).

To begin July, I should mention that we made the official move to St George over the 4th of July weekend.  My grandma has been kind enough to let us live in her basement while Eric is job-hunting and until we can find something more permanent.  At the exact same time that we made the move, I made the official transition to a new position at work that took me from a management responsibility to a more development-related position for the same company, which, most-importantly, allowed me to move to St George and work out of the office here.  There was A LOT happening at the same time. With Paige's baptism at the end of June and having to vacate my mom and ourselves from my moms house (where we were bunking for 2 months) the same weekend, we were frazzled to say the least. Finally getting here kind of felt like a relief.

So now, three quarters of our belongings are in a storage unit in St George (still) and the other quarter is split between my sister's basement in Eagle Mountain and here in my Grandma's basement.  It's kind of crazy and we definitely DO feel packed in like sardines at times, but overall, we know we are supposed to be here. The pace of life and outdoor centered community is just what we needed. Transition is always hard, but we will survive.

With my new position at work, I have had to be willing to travel back to the South Jordan office in order to train and integrate with my new team so I spent half of July in South Jordan while Eric and the kids were in St George.  There was a lot of traveling, a lot of back and forth, a lot of new stuff to learn and new things to get used to, not only at work but with life in general.  We love it here in Southern Utah.  Its a new kind of beautiful that I have learned to really appreciate.  The weather here is pretty HOT and unbearable for a couple months in the summer and I miss my family and friends like crazy...but overall, I would trade 6 months of cold and darkness for a couple hot months in a second and my people are a simple 4 hour drive away.  So that's where we are.  Also, GRANDMA HAS A POOL!!!

Here is July in pictures.








Whitney and Ashton invited us to spend the day with the Parry Clan in Heber on the 4th of July.

On one of my stays I met up with all the siblings for a Texas Roadhouse dinner.  This actually was supposed to be a "Girls Night" but my brother got wind and he decided to come in place of his wife.  It was a nice surprise.

The Tooth Fairy went broke in July.  Cam managed to lose 2 teeth, one day apart. Ew!

Delaney came to visit us one day and gave Braiden a tattoo.  Uh, well, sorta.


My sweet nieces Abby and Baylee both have July birthdays (along with their mom) so we were able to go back up to go to their awesome birthday party, complete with pinata and blow up water slide.





Swimming, Swimming and more swimming.  Gotta keep cool in that July heat.








July's favorite randoms...


...and lots of selfies.






I love these guys.






No comments: