Sunday, November 17, 2013

August 2013- Good times

August was a fun month.  Another busy month consisting of family reunions, new arrivals, fun times with friends, great entertainment, HOT weather and, of course, my birthday!


We were invited to Pleasant Grove to my mom's cousins home to celebrate my great-aunts 80th birthday.  They had a horse for the kids to ride and we were able to visit with some of my moms side of the family that we haven't seen in years.  It was a very nice event.

Great Uncle Gary, Aunt Joy, Aunt Jonia and my Grandmother Elaine.





Baby Quincee made her way into the world in early August.  We were all very happy to see her and I gladly will share my birth month with her. She spent the first few hours of her life in the NICU but soon was out and doing very well. Now she is 3 months old and as sweet as can be.  I love that my sisters are still having babies so I can get my fix. 



I stopped in for a visit with Ben and Jenice and my little nephew McCoy. He wants to be just like his daddy who is a police officer. What a funny kid.


We learned quickly that everything happens a little earlier in St George.  School began for the kids on August 14th this year...just in time for mom and dads sanity.









An Excellent trip to Lagoon!


We rarely go to the water park portion of Lagoon but decided to take full advantage of the beautiful day and great weather AND get the most out of our money.  The kids had a great time.


Our good friends, the Webbs, saw that we were at Lagoon (thanks to Facebook) and decided to come and join us.  It was a quite pleasant surprise for the day.  They are fellow amusement junkies and know how to have a good time better than anyone I know.




Football season officially kicked off in August.  Braiden had some good times this year with the Desert Hills Thunder, made some great buddies and still loves the game so all is well.  I can gladly say that football season has come to an end, but I know it will come again. More on football to come.




Birthday Shenanigans

August 24th marked my 36th birthday.  This year I was joined for lunch by a few of my favorite people. 

Eric surprised me with a quick trip to Vegas to see the Celine Dion show.  It was so cool.  Of course, we had to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, as I do every year.



August's Favorite Randoms and Selfies







No comments: