Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Race for the Cure Team 2011

May 7, 2011 in downtown Salt Lake City was the Susan G. Komen SLC Race for the Cure.  It was a gorgeous day and I walked much further than I had planned.
My team had 44 registrants and raised just over $2000 between registration fees and donations.  It was awesome!
We (Eric and I) have decided to make it a tradition to do the Race for the Cure with all the kids every year.  I think it will be important for them to see us participate in philanthropic activies as a family and to learn about the effect of these devastating diseases that need continual work to raise money.  They had a good time.
Bright eyed and bushy-tailed at 7am on a Saturday!  What a gorgeous day!

The kids had a great time.  I think they were in awe at how many people were there.

The husbands pushing the strollers

Eric and the Kids were good sports even though they all had to pee really bad!

Amy and Bonnie...carrying that belly 2.5 miles was no easy task!

Are you lost?

Exhausting day!
HCI's Pride for Pink 2011.  This is not everyone that registered but these were the only people we could find to get together for a pic.  Go team!

1 comment:

Whitney Parry said...

I'm so sad it missed it.. next year for sure