Friday, July 30, 2010

One of many visits to St. George

                                                          These posts are a little out of sequence but I am posting as I come across pictures of stuff we have done...How else will I ever remember?   In April we made the trek to our favorite weekend get-away St. George, UT where my grandma resides.  We spent the weekend with her just pretty-much doing nothing which is exactly what we love doing when we go there...nothing is bliss sometimes.  We swim, we watch movies, we talk and talk with Grandma, and of course we eat. 

We always make it a point to either very clearly point out the St George temple or actually go and see it.  It really a gorgeous place and this particular day there was a bride out front.  Paige was in awe of the Princess-like girl.  She always tells me how she will get married there someday...but she "doesn't want marry Cameron...cause he is my brother!  EW!."  Aw, from the mouths of babes...


I love my sweet grandma so much.  Since my grandfather passed away (2 years ago) she has been doing so well to keep herself busy with friends and substitute teaching and her little dog (which is more like a baby, by the way).  But I can always tell that the sparkle in her eye has dimmed and it comes back whenever we reminisce about Grandpa.  We all miss him alot but I can't even imagine how she misses him after spending 54 years with him.


We always make sure to wave good-bye to Grandma as we leave and she always waits for us to drive away before going back in.  Whenever we leave her I cant help but wonder if this will be the last time we see her.  This is how I will always remember her when I can't go see her anymore...waving good-bye with her sweet smile and knowing she loves us and will be here, waiting for us when we come back.

No comments: