Thursday, February 21, 2008

I TOTALLY FELT IT!!


Ok so I was sitting here at my computer working and I started to feel this swaying sensation, like I was dizzy or somthing. But I looked up and the chandelier over the table was swaying back and forth. So I went to Eric and asked him if he felt any thing and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I grew up in Southern California so I have experienced an earthquake or two and I am pretty sensitive to what it feels like. Well, I decided to get on KSL.com and sure enough, this was the headliner! I am not crazy after all!



6.3 Nevada quake felt in Utah


February 21st, 2008 @ 7:45am

(KSL News/AP) A strong earthquake that struck northeast Nevada was felt in Utah this morning.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.3. It happened around 7:15 a.m. and was centered in a sparsely populated area 11 miles southeast of Wells near the Nevada-Utah line.
"It was pretty bad," said Jane Kelso, who answered the phone at the Motel 6 in Wells. "Everything in our whole building shook. "We have cracks in our walls." At least one water main also was reported to be broken.
The Associated Press reports Elko County (Nevada) Undersheriff Rocky Gonzalez said there are unconfirmed reports of damage to buildings in Nevada.
The quake was felt throughout Nevada, Utah, in Boise, Idaho, and as far away as Southern California.
In Utah, people from Brigham City to American Fork and throughout the Salt Lake Valley report feeling it.
Callers to KSL Newsradio this morning say they felt their homes sway. People on the eighth floor of the Intermountain Health building felt the building sway. The quake also shook the Wells Fargo bank downtown and may have temporarily knocked out power there.
One caller in Utah said their chandelier shook and their home earthquake alarm went off.

1 comment:

Leah said...

AMY! It is great to check out your blog...I love it! You have a very cute family. So you read the Twlight Series too? I tried to get Tamara to read them but so wouldn't do it. I love the countdown..I added it to my page!