Saturday, December 15, 2007

Week in Review

Since I have returned to work, I will admit I have not been able to maintain my blog addiction. I can feel myself going through withdrawls. So I will have to commit to a minimum of one visit/entry per week. Sort of a "week in review" thing. That way this becomes more of journal for not only anyone who may be blog stalking me but also myself (since I am terrible at actually keeping a journal). So here goes:
Last week marked the thirteenth week since Camerons arrival AND my return to work. Bummer. My first day back was rough. Overwhelming because I felt to out of the loop and sad because my babys are both at daycare. We have a wonderful daycare lady which I am so grateful for. That makes it much easier to deal with. Well I am finally feeling back in the loop and not so worried about how things would work out. I am a worry wart.

Last Thursday we had Erics Company Party. It was at the Wells Fargo Building downtown which was very nice but as parties go, we ate, chatted for a minute or two and dashed out before the real partying began (had to get home to the babysitter). We also went to see the Kurt Bestor Concert on Saturday night. Another babysitter, another freezing night downtown. We ate at this little Italian place called Cafe Molise which was the type of place that you dont take kids to and you dont wear jeans to. So the server was telling us the specials for the night and she mentioned this salmon dish that sounded REALLY good. I looked over the menu and saw that, as these sort of places go, the average price per plate was about $18. Not TGIFridays but not the end of the world either so I figured the salmon was about that (I didnt ask, thought that would be tacky). So I ordered the salmon, and it was really good. Tiny but very good. Nice meal overall. So we get the bill...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The salmon was $30. What the $%!@&#? I could not believe it. I am a self admittedly cheap person. Generally I do not splurge unless totally necessary. I wont even let my husband buy me flowers and most anything I have that is brand name came from eBay. So the $69 bill was painful. Thats a gas bill or 5 cans of formula or 3 months worth of diapers. Whew!! Had to get that off my chest.

Luckily, Kurt Bestor, as always was wonderful. We have made this a holday tradition and I love it because it really helps get my into the holiday mood. Thats been hard to find this year. If you have not heard of him, check him out HERE. You will fall in love with his music.

This week we went to my newly married brothers little apartment and had a little family get together with them. They invisted us to their neighbors house for an actual train ride around their property. These people actually have a train track built into their property with a mini train that people can ride on. Every holiday they dress up the path to fit the season and Christmas, you can guess, it was the POLAR EXPRESS. It was soooo fun and the kids loved it. We actually made one stop at the "North Pole" (Someones house) and went inside Santas workshop and saw Santa. They had the inside of this palce all decked out to actually look like a workshop. It was so cool. And sure enough, Santa was there sitting on his big chair waiting for the little ones. My neice Abby, Paige, and Braiden were elated to see the big jolly man. They all took their turns with him and then we continues our train ride. That was a fun time. It was very cold but very fun.








We also had my company party this week. It was at Hidden Valley Country Club and was pretty nice. They actually did somthing that you rarely see happen at company functions and they prayed before serving the food (only in Utah). Also the CEO had asked 6 people to get up and talk about what the holidays meant to them. It was like testimony meeting but it was so nice to actually have a Holiday Party be about the holidays and not about next years goal for the company. I love the company I work for. They are very family oriented and assure that our lives are about our families and not our dedication to the company. I am really lucky to be part of it.


Thursday we enjoyed a quiet night at home and Friday, my sister offered to babysit so Eric and I went to see a movie, which we rarely do anymore. We saw I am Legend with Will Smith. All I have to say is: Yikes! Frieky! I wont spoil it for you but it was intense and unexpected. Pretty good. So thats it in nutshell. Only 10 more days till Christmas. Yeah....better get the shopping done!









No comments: