Friday, October 12, 2007

A day out with the kiddies...

My little sister Bonnie had her second baby, Baylee Grace, on July 28th so she and are both currently on maternity leave from our jobs so we try to get together to hang out and keep eachother sane. The other day we thought we were going to be ambiscious and take all the kids to the zoo (her 2 and my 3). Well we got as far as the Wendys down the street from my house before we decided that we must be insane. Considering that she and I are still in the sleep deprivation stage of postpartum recovery and we cant even all fit in the same car anymore, there was no need to torture ourselves by trying to drag an 8 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old (both napless, mind you) and 2 newborns to the stinkiest place on earth. So we decided on the park right down the street from my house as an alternative and boy was that ever a better idea. The kids had a great time and we got to rest, chat, hang out and enjoy our afternoon without losing our minds or killing our children. Also I had fun with my new camera. What cute kids we have.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Now you've made me miss my sisters. Well done! What kind of camera did you get? Have I told you I love the pumkins? 'Cause I do!