Friday, November 28, 2014

Birth Mom Photo a Day 28: Special Bond

Day 28: {special bond}
I have to say that the person that I have had the most of a bond with through my adoption experience has been my high school boy friend, aka the birth dad. That may be surprising because often in these situations, the "baby daddy" is nowhere to be found. We have had or fair share of ups and downs over the years but I am grateful that we remained friends and that he was supportive as best he could be in our situation. He has always acknowledged her and loved her. Since I had moved to another state to have her, he was not able to see her after she was born and before she was placed for adoption. Their meeting for the first time last year was really special and I am glad I was also there to see it. We have had this experience quite differently and very separately but we definitely share a bond as birth parents of an amazing girl.

No comments: